Amana is a company specializing in household appliances. It’s been around since 1934 and now it’s owned by Whirlpool. Amana sells a lot of different products, including refrigerators, freezers, ranges, wall ovens, cooktops, microwaves, washers, dryers, central heating and cooling systems and so on. This company is well-known for their low prices and high-quality products.
Amana Repairs Orange County
Amana appliances are high-quality, but that doesn’t mean they don’t break/malfunction. First thing you have to do is to check the warranty, make sure you understand what it does and doesn’t cover. There are many things that could go wrong, and since you went with Amana, it’s a long-time investment in a high-quality household appliance.
Let’s go over some of the most wide-spread problems people have with an Amana washing machine. The first complaint that we hear a lot is “washer won’t spin”. In case that happens to your washing machine, you need to:
- Check the lid switch assembly. If it fails, the washer won’t spin. You will need to use a multimeter to test for continuity.
- Check the drive belt. It can be either broken or loose.
- Check the drive pulley. If it’s worn-out, the belt might actually slip off and your washer will stop spinning.
The second most common cause for concern when it comes to Amana washers is a situation where the washer won’t drain. Here’s our quick troubleshooting guide:
- Check the drain pump. Even the smallest objects of pieces of clothing can ruin it. Remove it and make sure it’s working fine.
- Check the hose. Same principle, basically. It can get clogged.
These are just a few possible issues that you now know how to handle. Our company specializes in all kinds of repair, especially when it comes to Amana. Don’t hesitate to give us a call if you don’t have free time to deal with your house appliance problems!